ucom0: could not set data multiplex mode

Hans Petter Selasky hselasky at c2i.net
Mon May 28 16:33:52 UTC 2007

On Monday 28 May 2007 11:39, Nikolay Pavlov wrote:
> Hi folks.
> I have an issue with CCU-550 CDMA modem
> (http://www.cmotech.com/eproduct6-1.htm) on recent current.
> Every time i am reattaching it i see this error:
> ucom0: could not set data multiplex mode
>
> So in order to work with it i have to reboot after each detache
> procedure. The only known workaround for this is to delete the
> "goto bad;" code in /usr/src/sys/dev/usb/umodem.c:
>
>         printf("%s: could not set data multiplex mode\n",
>             devname);
>         goto bad;
>
> Could someone comment on this?
>
> P.S. Please cc me, becuase i am not subscribe to freebsd-usb or
> freebsd-mobile

I'm not sure if it will help, but there is a new USB stack that you can try:

http://www.turbocat.net/~hselasky/usb4bsd

Download the SVN version. I recommend installing on FreeBSD 6-stable, hence
there is a small bug in the memory allocation code on FreeBSD 7-current, that
will cause regular panics.

--HPS