Ejecting PCMCIA/CardBus cards under -CURRENT

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Sat May 12 18:53:55 UTC 2007

In message: <20070512162447.GA97726 at tirith.brixandersen.dk>
            Henrik Brix Andersen <henrik at brixandersen.dk> writes:
: Hi,
:
: On Fri, May 11, 2007 at 04:41:20PM -0600, M. Warner Losh wrote:
: > No.  It won't.  Why does that matter?  There's no problems that I'm
: > aware of doing this (apart from not unmounting disks)...
:
: I see - but we used to have a userland tool (pccardc(8)) which could
: control the slot power?

Yes.  We used to.

: Linux and Windows XP also have means of controlling PC Card slot
: power. Perhaps I should look into adding a sysctl for controlling the
: power state of a given pccard slot.
:
: This feature would also allow powering down a card without removing it
: from the slot.

It would be useful.

Warner