Ejecting PCMCIA/CardBus cards under -CURRENT

Henrik Brix Andersen henrik at brixandersen.dk
Sat May 12 16:24:50 UTC 2007

Hi,

On Fri, May 11, 2007 at 04:41:20PM -0600, M. Warner Losh wrote:
> No.  It won't.  Why does that matter?  There's no problems that I'm
> aware of doing this (apart from not unmounting disks)...

I see - but we used to have a userland tool (pccardc(8)) which could
control the slot power?

Linux and Windows XP also have means of controlling PC Card slot
power. Perhaps I should look into adding a sysctl for controlling the
power state of a given pccard slot.

This feature would also allow powering down a card without removing it
from the slot.

Regards,
Brix
--