Targus Wireless Presenter in mouse mode does not vertical scroll.

Julian Stacey jhs at berklix.org
Thu Mar 29 15:30:11 UTC 2007

Help ! Ideas how to solve moused failing to handle this USB `mouse' please ?

I bought 2 x Targus Wireless Presenters today
Manufacturer English: http://www.targus.com/AU/product_details.asp?sku=AMP02US
Retailer German:      http://plus.de/ & Click on picture.  (30 Euros each,
	1 week offer, in Plus, a German food chain; optional 4 Euro mail order)

They are dual mode (presenter & mouse (*))
FreeBSD-6.1-RELEASE works .. Mostly, not completely:
   Problem in Mouse Mode:
	Vertical scrolling fails, only horizontal works.
   	Both inside X11 & outside.  Mouse mode works under XP.
   BTW Presenter mode works OK:
      In X Windows to control XPDF next page / last page,
         If mouse is already inside XPDF it advances or goes back a page
         If mouse it outside xpdf on background, it speaks to fvwm (which
	 flips round between 6 of the panels on my 4 x 6 fvwm panels).

I see devd is creating both: ukbd0 & ums0 (whereas for a normal
mouse only ums) I presume ukbd handles "Page up" etc, so can be ignored.

man moused
	-t For the USB mouse, the protocol must be auto.
moused -p /dev/ums0 -I /var/run/moused.ums0.pid -i all -f
	/dev/ums0 usb sysmouse generic
Any moused tricks known, or experts ?
or must I read & printf 100K of /usr/src/usr.sbin/moused/moused.c ?

Julian
--
Julian Stacey. Munich Computer Consultant, BSD Unix C Linux. http://berklix.com
	Escape Microsoft 20th April 2007: http://berklix.com/free/talk/