Problems booting FreeBSD on a Compaq Pavillion V6107au

Peter Jeremy peterjeremy at optushome.com.au
Tue Mar 27 10:10:57 UTC 2007

On 2007-Mar-25 12:17:30 -0500, Dan Olson <danolson at visi.com> wrote:
>At the boot loader prompt, try entering "set hint.apic.0.disabled=1".
>
>This may be related to my trouble with an HP dv6119us which I reported
>in PR "i386/104678: SMP not working on Turion XP Laptop"

I've applied http://people.freebsd.org/~ariff/misc/idlecpu_apic_5.diff
and added the above to loader.conf and it now boots with APCI enabled.

SMP is the next thing to try, followed by sound...

For anyone else that's following:  I've back-ported the gForce Go 6150
support from X.org 7.2 into 6.9.0 and the screen now works with native
resolution.  Ask if you want the patches.

--
Peter Jeremy