Inspiron e1505: 6.2-Relese: agp.ko and acpi_video.ko are conflicted

Vladimir Kuzmin kuzminva at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 19:58:08 UTC 2007

FreeBSD 6.2-Release

video: Intel 945GM

I upgraded agp_i810.c that it support 945GM (/dev/agpgart)and found that there is no /dev/agpgart if I have added to loader.conf:

acpi_video_load="YES"

After investigations I found that if I build kernel without device agp "kldload agp.ko" does not create /dev/agpgart if agp_video.ko is loaded. If I unloaded agp_video.ko and then loaded agp.ko it works well ( it creates /dev/agpgart).

Attend that it works well also if I loaded agp.ko before and then video_acpi.ko. One thing which I do not understand - if kernel is built with device agp and I use acpi_video_load="YES" in loader.conf, should agp be loaded before acpi_video? If yes, why it does not work?

Thanks,
Vladimir Kuzmin