external flatscreen with Thinkpad T42

Bakul Shah bakul at bitblocks.com
Fri Jan 26 09:50:22 UTC 2007

My T42 display first went pink on powerup (but would warm up
to normal colors), then it would turn off intermittently and
now it turns off within a second on power up.  Has anyone
tried repairing this?  Supposedly a new inverter card or a
new CCRT is needed....

Temporarily I have attached an external Samsung flatscreen
display to the T42.  It has a resolution of 1680x1050 but it
comes up in 1024x768 mode and everything is horizontally
stretched.  I would like to use it in a higher res mode and
more importantly to avoid the stretching.  Does any one have
a xorg.conf that I can use as a starting point for an
external display with higher res?  If it matters, I am
running -current and xorg-6.9.0 Thanks!

-- bakul