Dell Inspirion 1300 doesn't wake up

Dennis Melentyev dennis.melentyev at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 07:30:31 PST 2007

Kind of status update:

Installed yesterday's RC2 - suspension/resuming work Ok. With 2
seconds delay and sysctl hw.acpi.video.lcd0.active=1 in rc.restore.

Great!

With binary sound driver from URL below (as of Dec, 23rd) - it does
not survive S3 suspension/resuming, writting series of these string
into xconsole:

pcm0: timeout in reset
pcm0: hdac_command_send_internal: TIMEOUT numcmd=1, sent=1, received=0
pcm0: hdac_command_send_internal: TIMEOUT numcmd=1, sent=1, received=0
pcm0: timeout in reset
pcm0: hdac_command_send_internal: TIMEOUT numcmd=1, sent=1, received=0
pcm0: hdac_command_send_internal: TIMEOUT numcmd=1, sent=1, received=0

So, Chen, you could try not to mix sound with S3 suspension.

--
Dennis Melentyev