Suspend/Resume on T60: Any hope?

Jesse Sheidlower jester at panix.com
Thu Apr 26 16:41:27 UTC 2007

I have a Lenovo T60 running FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE. Pretty much
everything is fine except suspend/resume, which doesn't work
at all.

hw.acpi.supported_sleep_state shows S3 S4 and S5 as supported
sleep states, but "acpiconf -s 3" instantly causes a hard
lockup for which the only recovery seems to be pulling the
battery. Given this, mucking around with any other things
seems pointless, but I'm happy to try anything.

Are there any possibilities for getting suspend/resume to work
on this, or am I doomed to have what is in effect a portable
desktop computer? For some reason I thought I had looked into
this before I got the machine--I never would have bought it if
I had known it didn't work--but in retrospect I'm not sure
what gave me the idea it did work.

Thanks.

Jesse Sheidlower (whose X23 and T43 are just fine, if slower)