hack for getting suspend/resume to half work on an IBM Thinkpad x60s [SMP]

Bruno Ducrot ducrot at poupinou.org
Sat Sep 23 09:04:58 PDT 2006

On Thu, Sep 21, 2006 at 10:44:33AM +1000, Norberto Meijome wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 01:06:28 +0100
> Andrea Bittau <a.bittau at cs.ucl.ac.uk> wrote:
>
> > 2) apic.  FreeBSD reconfigures the io apic upon resume, but not the local
> > apic. The patch attached to this mail fixes this.  Indeed, it almost does so
> > in the "proper" way and not so much of a hack =D.
>
> Hi Andrea,
> would the apic patch work by itself with stable? I've got a z60m (uni-core
> though), but resume just wont work while apic is enabled. I'd be happy to test
> it if you think it'd help (and there is some chance it'll work).

On uniprocessor systems you should consider atpic anyway if you want
more powersaving.

According to acpi(4) in BUGS section, there are some bugs still
so that you can't use advanced power states into the idle loop and
having a reliable lapic timer at the same time.

--
Bruno Ducrot

--  Which is worse:  ignorance or apathy?

--  Don't know.  Don't care.