Battery on Clevo M120 W

felix.schalck felix.schalck at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 04:06:21 PDT 2006

Hello,

I don't know wether it is the right place to post this; i first tried
freebsd-acpi, but didn't get any response: maybe I did something wrong...
Well: I'm was running FreeBSD 5.4 on my laptop without any main problem
related to acpi. But since I upgraded to 6 - Stable, I miss the battery
life status, which is very annoying... Since it worked on 5.4, it might
not be an ASL problem (anyway: it tried acpidump & ald *.dump and only
got 2 minor errors). Does someone experience a similar problem ?
Related to the battery: the handbook provided by the vendor describes
the battery as a smart batt, although demsg shows battery0: <ACPI
Control Method Battery>. Is it possible to force the load of sm_batt ?

Secondly: i'm getting a wrong acpi-line status every time I'm rebooting.
After unplugging the ac adapter, and reconnecting it, everything seems
to work fine. Perhaps the adapter is not ready when it's first beeing
tested ? Is there any way to force a new status-init a bit later ?

Any help or comments woudl be greatly appreciated. I find it to stupid
to leave FreeBSD because of a batt problem; so I ready to read-and-do
everything's neccessary to get it working again. If required, I can post
system log or acpi messages.

Thanks for help,

Felix