Wireless driver question

Rajagopal K N rajagopal_kn at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 3 03:59:38 UTC 2006

Hi - I have a IBM ThinkPad R40 laptop running windows XP.
  When I press the "Fn F5" key to turn-on the wireless, There is
  no pop-up menu that show-up to turn-on the wire-less. Is this because
  software driver not installed properly? How do I fix this? Is there a
  driver that I can install to solve this?

  I also don't see the battery power% indicator showing-up in the task bar.
  How do I fix this?

  Thanks,
  --Rajagopal