Experience with Dell Latitude D620?

Daniel Eischen eischen at vigrid.com
Wed Oct 25 18:47:56 UTC 2006

On Wed, 25 Oct 2006, Doug Barton wrote:

> After a long (and sometimes ugly) ordeal with a few other manufacturers, I
> finally decided on a Dell Latitude D620, which is sitting here next to me. It
> has the new Core 2 Duo, and lots of other exciting bells and whistles. :) The
> only negative so far is the 3945 wireless, but I have an atheros pccard to
> use in the meantime.
>
> I'm wondering what experiences people have with this, gotchas for FreeBSD,
> etc. I am planning to dual boot windows and -current. I am particularly
> interested in being able to suspend/resume in freebsd, so if anyone has got
> that working, please share the secrets. Also, has anyone with a core 2 duo
> tried running the 64 bit freebsd?

I have a similar Dell, you can search the mobile archives for
some of my postings.  I have a very alpha 3945 driver by Damien
before he left the project that gets me by, and the sound just
started working with the HDA stuff committed to current recently.
Graphics works without AGP in the kernel, but with AGP, the
945 video driver in recent Xorg doesn't work.  You also have to
use 915resolution to set the video mode.

Also, I didn't think the Core 2 Duo was 64-bit capable.  Is
it?

--
DE