HP nx6105

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Sun Oct 22 12:04:46 UTC 2006

On Fri, 20 Oct 2006 11:06:23 -0200
"Thiago Esteves de Oliveira" <thiago.e.o at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, I've checked...but there wasn't in the list....
>   I've seen an other model "HP PAVILION ze2410",  but it doesn't exist in
> that list too... Has anybody installed FBSD on that model (HP PAVILION
> ze2410)? What happened? : )

Hey Thiago, if u dont get any replies (none so far to the list) , this other
approach may bring better results :

- go to HP's website and get the full technical specs of this laptop. Make a
list of the components , eg : Video : xyz card. (with precise details - eg, ATI
Radeon is not good enough - ATI Radeon M24 - xxx chipset is even better); same
for wired/less controller, disk controler, sound, etc.

You may have to search for other pages / postings for individuals who already
own that laptop to describe the components in details ( I've found that
postings showing dmesg of a laptop of known make/modle are very useful - even
if they relate to other OS / issues altogether - all you want is the actual
model )

- look up the behaviour of freebsd wtr to each of those components. Or ask
about each individual component.

Good luck,

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"Either you are incompetent - or you are lying to me."
  Nigel Grange

Warned.