FreeBSD 6.1 and Prism-based wireless cards

Stan Barber sob at academ.com
Fri Oct 13 07:00:23 UTC 2006

This appears to be the acpi interacting with the card in some bad way. I
have disabled apci in and now it will do the right thing. I have not yet
had a chance to debug this further, but will report back when I do.

I also tested this with a Aeronet (now Cisco) card and it would get into
some kind of infinite wait state (it was not hung as I could remove the
card, the driver would abort, and thing came back to normal).