Acer Aspire 5672 and FreeBSD 6.2-beta1

Torfinn Ingolfsen torfinn.ingolfsen at broadpark.no
Sat Oct 7 09:46:44 PDT 2006

On Sat, 07 Oct 2006 17:01:03 +0200
Bruno Ducrot <ducrot at poupinou.org> wrote:

> Thanks. The device do not have a BAR when acpi is enabled.  We
> therefore have to enable one.  I think just by poking aroud some pci
> config registers onto the pci bridge will do the trick.  Your

Ok. I'm wondering; will output from lspci under Linux help you get at
the info more easily? I have Xubuntu installed on a partition on this
machine, so it is easy for me to do that, if you wish.

> Looking at this datasheet I think we have to look more carrefully to
> register 0x04 (halfword), 0x20h, 0x24, 0x28 and 0x2c.
> Looking them both with and without acpi and comparing them will allows
> us to know hopefully how to enable the first BAR to the correct adress
> for your ethernet card.  In short, if you can first boot without ACPI,
> then perform
> pciconf -r -h pci0:28:2 4
> pciconf -r pci0:28:2 0x20
> pciconf -r pci0:28:2 0x24
> pciconf -r pci0:28:2 0x28
> pciconf -r pci0:28:2 0x2c
>
> Also do a dump in order to check if something else might be needed:
> pciconf -r -b pci0:28:2 0:256
>
> Boot with ACPI enabled:
> do the same pciconf stuff, then send me the output.

Done. I've sent you the files via email, and also uploaded them to the
web page, in case anyone else wants them for some reason. Webpage:
http://tingox.googlepages.com/aceraspireas5672andfreebsd

> After that, we should be able to correct your problem, either by
> 1- hacking the DSDT,
> OR
> 2- hacking pcib.c.
> (at your option).

I think hacking the DSDT is the more politically correct option, but
either one will work for me.
--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen,