Route #3 - USB 802.11 a/b/g

Jim Stapleton stapleton.41 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 05:23:32 PDT 2006

Since I'm having so many challanges with my notebook and wireless -
PCMCIA is having challenges (see other threads), the onboard 802.11
card is also problematic, is there an USB wireless adaptor that works?
I know I can get something to attach via wire (access point?), but I'd
prefer somethign that doesn't need external power - the USB on my
notebook at least works flawlessly. However, I cannot find any
controllers that appear to be USB on the hardware compatability list.

Anyone have experience with USB 802.11, preferrably with G and either
A or B. What cards have you tried? What driver do they use?

I prefer Linksys, SMC, and Belkin, but will also take D-Link/Netgear
if neccesary, or some others, but these are the only ones I know are
at the local brick & mortar.

Thanks,
-Jim Stapleton