pccard slot not working properly

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Mon Oct 2 23:30:06 PDT 2006

I hate to sound like Bill Paul, but can you provide a little more
information?  Like what card is this?  Cardbus or PC Card?

I'd boot -v and also turn on the following tunables:
	hw.cbb.debug=1
	hw.pccard.cis_debug=1
	hw.pccard.debug=1
	hw.cardbus.cis_debug=1
	hw.cardbus.debug=1
in /boot/loader.conf and post the dmesg here (or a pointer to it), in
addition to cc'ing me.  My wife is expecting any day now, so I might
suddenly disappear for a couple of weeks.  There are others here that
can help you out, however, if you post this basic information.

Warner

In message: <80f4f2b20609291227u422291b6ucfc1d7b38a1c2a3e at mail.gmail.com>
            "Jim Stapleton" <stapleton.41 at gmail.com> writes:
: I have a pccard wireless NIC, and I know it comes up and runs in
: Knoppix, but in FreeBSD, it is troubled. It is reported to work on one
: website, using NDIS, but I don't get far enough to make use of it.
: After some testing, I suspect it's the notebook not recognizing the
: pccard slot.
:
: - The cards diagnostic light blinks green and then goes off when inserted
: - The card information does not appear in dmesg after insertion
: - The card appears to work fine in knoppix
: - I'll have a friend with some spare pccards come over tomorrow - her
: cards work on her BSD box just fine, just to verify if it's card or
: card controller.
:
: My question, the system is a Toshiba Satellite A105-4001. It is an
: i850/ICH7 based machine. What's the best way to see what the pccard
: device is, and figure out how to get it working?
:
: My main test that leaves me suspicious, I booted the machine with the
: card and ran the following commands:
: $ ls /dev > IL-dev
: $ dmesg > IL-dmesg
: $ pciconf > IL-pciconf
:
: Next, I rebooted it without the card:
: $ ls /dev > I-dev
: $ dmesg > I-dmesg
: $ pciconf > I-pciconf
:
: Next I diff'ed the IL files with their matching I files, the only
: difference that popped up with dmesg with the 'Timecounter "TSC"
: frequency [...]. entry, which to my knowledge, should not be related
: to the problem at all.
:
: Any suggestions?
: