[SOLVED] Acpi resume on STABLE

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Mon Oct 2 05:59:00 PDT 2006

Hi all,
this is a followup to:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-mobile/2006-September/008993.html

and to
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-mobile/2006-September/009009.html

I upgraded back to RELENG_6 ( 6.2-PRERELEASE). and started testing more
combinations of switches,etc . I reviewed an old emai from Kevin Oberman
mentioning hw.acpi.reset_video... and that was the key to successful resume
with RELENG_6 .

# Fixes resume on RELENG_6
hw.acpi.reset_video=1

VTSWITCH option still locks up.

By 'successful resume' i mean that over 2 days in a conference
I suspend and resume about 10 times with no problem at all. It worked a couple
of times today too, but last one died partially with what it seemed the disk
subsystem not coming back online properly (existing images in memory worked ok,
anything new would not get executed, just seemed to hang). It *may* have been
related to having iwi0 up when going into suspend... but it could well also be
a coincidence

Having the apic device enabled (from RELENG_6) still locks up my box on resume.
I haven't tested Andrea Bittau's patches yet.

thanks to everyone who has helped with this!

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"Quality is never an accident, it is always the result of intelligent effort."
  John Ruskin  (1819-1900)

Warned.