How to disable 'click' of touch pad?

AT Matik asstec at matik.com.br
Fri May 26 06:16:13 PDT 2006

On Friday 26 May 2006 10:04, M. Warner Losh wrote:
> :
> : you can adjust the sensibility in xorg.conf
>
> I have no xorg.conf.  And when I generate one, the generated one
> doesn't work.  Ideas?

man synaptics should give you an overview
I paste at the bottom my xorg mouse section if you are interested

> : if you use kde there is a synaptics applet port which also worls fine for
> : me
>
> I'll see if I can get that going.  Is there a command line version?

yes, you can try synclient to adjust online and then you fix the values you
like in xorg.conf

but if you use the kde synaptics applet this ones will be overwritten

João

Section "InputDevice"
        Driver          "synaptics"
        Identifier      "touchpad"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/psm0"
        Option          "Protocol"              "psm"

        Option          "LockedDrags"           "0"
        Option          "FastTaps"              "1"
        Option          "GuestMouseOff"         "1"

        Option          "PalmDetect"            "0"
        #Option         "PalmMinWidth"          "25"
        #Option         "PalmMinZ"              "10"

        #Option          "LeftEdge"              "1100"
        Option          "RightEdge"             "5450"
        #Option          "TopEdge"               "1350"
        Option          "BottomEdge"            "4450"

        #Option          "FingerLow"             "10"
        #Option          "FingerHigh"            "25"

        #Option          "MaxTapTime"            "180"
        #Option          "MaxTapMove"            "220"
        #Option         "EdgeMotionMaxZ"        "50"

        #Option          "VertScrollDelta"       "100"
        #Option          "HorizScrollDelta"      "100"

        #Option          "MinSpeed"              "0.04"
        #Option          "MaxSpeed"              "0.07"
        #Option          "AccelFactor"           "0.005"

        #Option          "ScrollButtonRepeat"    "150"
        #Option          "UpDownScrolling"       "on"
        #Option          "UpDownRepeat"          "off"
        #Option          "LeftRightScrolling"    "on"
        #Option          "LeftRightRepeat"       "off"

        Option          "SHMConfig"             "on"

EndSection