How to disable 'click' of touch pad?

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Thu May 25 15:32:52 PDT 2006

> Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 18:10:27 -0400
> From: Parv <parv at pair.com>
>
> in message <20060525214132.B746745043 at ptavv.es.net>,
> wrote Kevin Oberman thusly...
> >

> (mentioning ThinkPad, and ...)
>
> > If you still have Windows on the box, boot, log in, and
> > Start->Run... Enter 'cmd' and click OK to bring up a DOS-like
> > shell.
> >
> > In that shell, type 'PS2 ?'
> > While you are there, you might want to look at other options. I
> > always disable suspend when the LCD is closed, enable the serial
> > port and a couple of other things.
>
> Serial port?  You must not be using a T-series Thinkpad.

I have a T43. It most certainly has a serial port...just no connector.

However, if you have the Port Replicator or the Mini-dock for your
system, it DOES have a connector and I use it. (Why couldn't the deep
six the parallel connector and put  serial port there?)
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)