DRI on Radeon 9500 Mobile

Tobias Roth roth at iam.unibe.ch
Wed May 24 19:53:19 UTC 2006

On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 03:38:01PM +0200, Fabian Keil wrote:

> I think at least one of your problems is that radeon and acpi_video
> can't be used together on FreeBSD 6.x, unless you use jhb@'s agp patch.

Can you give me a link to this patch? I'd like to try it.

> Gregers Petersen wrote about a month ago that "after some re-compile
> business" the patch "makes it possible to resume from suspend".
> (This list, Thread: Activating acpi on a thinkpad R51)
>
> However I still have the same resume problem with X loaded,
> and Gregers never made it clear if he was talking about his own
> experience and what exactly the "re-compile business" was.
>
> I made my last experiments four weeks ago, but I don't
> think there were any relevant changes made since then.

My T43p with an M24 1T FireGL works pretty good now: I have glx working,
but dri is disabled, since I have acpi_video loaded. With no other patches
applied, I can now (since the dri updates from last week to -stable)
resume with no problems, and the backlit is turned off during
suspend (this has been the case for quite some time now. before that, I
needed some acpi_video patches to achieve this). I have no dri/gl specific
ports installed, but radeon.ko and drm.ko get loaded when I start X.

thanks, Tobias