DRI on Radeon 9500 Mobile

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Tue May 23 05:18:26 UTC 2006

On Wed, 10 May 2006 23:47:19 +1000
Norberto Meijome <freebsd at meijome.net> wrote:

> On Wed, 10 May 2006 15:38:01 +0200
> Fabian Keil <freebsd-listen at fabiankeil.de> wrote:
>
> > I think at least one of your problems is that radeon and acpi_video
> > can't be used together on FreeBSD 6.x, unless you use jhb@'s agp patch.
>
> right - this is what I was recalling then. thx - i will give it a try...but
> not right now...in the middle of ::shudder:: working in ::shudder:: WinXP
> inside qemu.... sigh....

Update on this - i have updated to 6.1 (built on  Tue May 23 09:37:57 EST
(AUS) 2006, downloaded shortly before). Until now, i had dri enabled in
xorg.conf, but it would get disabled due to not being supported or something.
Now it simply locks up the laptop (not panic, just hard lock, not even CapsOn
light works).

will investigate more later...