Wireless woes

Robert Blacquiere freebsd at guldan.demon.nl
Thu May 18 06:37:40 UTC 2006

On Thu, May 18, 2006 at 02:18:10AM +0100, Jeff Rollin wrote:
> Hi
>
> I just had a thought on this subject. Could the problem I'm having be due to
> not having the firmware/hal? I never thought to install anything since it
> works in SuSE 10.0 out of the box. Is there a firmware/hal package/port in
> ports?
>
> Jeff.

<snip>

Hi jeff,

You don't have a atheros based wireless device. It seems that you have a
broadcom wireless device:

none4 at pci2:5:0: class=0x028000 card=0x000617f9 chip=0x431814e4 rev=0x02
hdr=0x00
    vendor   = 'Broadcom Corporation'
    class    = network

This is probably your wireless device.

Robert

FreeBSD: Are you guys coming or what?
OpenBSD: Hey guys you left some holes out there!