More 'resource' problems with "ath0"

AT Matik asstec at matik.com.br
Wed May 17 13:32:33 PDT 2006

On Wednesday 17 May 2006 12:04, Ross Finlayson wrote:
> May 17 07:53:35 ns named[382]: client 66.80.62.46#1026: error sending
> response: not enough free resources
>
> Note that client 66.80.62.46 is on "ath0".

I saw this often on machines with network connection quality problems,
especially on wireless connections. Seems the bufferspace get full and then
the error comes up which may cause service problems. The problem is more
frequent with udp traffic.

normally you can workaround this by setting sysctls

net.inet.udp.recvspace=65536
net.inet.udp.maxdgram=131072

or other values fitting to your needs

João