Laptop dead, suggestions?

Martin Roos kulminaator at gmail.com
Wed May 17 05:37:18 PDT 2006

 So for a decent laptop. My recent buy seems to be a good choice.

Asus A6K,

1600mhz turion64 cpu (probably rated as 3000+ smth),
default 512mb ram (i pushed this to 1gb),
nvidia's graphics with 128mb of dedicated graphics ram (another 128mb can be
borrowed from the operating system), tv-out
4x usb, firewire
60gb disk,
15.4" screen, a good one
no complaints about the battery yet, weight ? hell do i know, i'm a big boy
wifi (broadcom),
sd card reader (works with windows),
some kind of pc card slot (haven't researched which kind of slot this
actually is, i don't need it.
lan and sound
infrared
bluetooth
parallel port ! (who's your daddy ... erm .. ee .. )
a relic builtin modem
a builtin webcam which works over the usb interface (a driver for linux is
in works, maybe when it's ready, we can port it to *bsd aswell)
decent keyboard and touchpad (scrolling sidebar in the touchpad).