Laptop dead, suggestions?

Erich Dollansky oceanare at pacific.net.sg
Mon May 15 22:01:42 PDT 2006

Hi Gary,

Gary Corcoran wrote:

>> I noticed this when I have had a question for a list I was not on. I
>> did not know about the alias story until then.
>
> I wasn't trying to accuse you, or whomever, of trying to be bad.  But

no, I did not understand this that way. I just tried to share my very
own experience.

> I'm just curious: did you (or somebody), purposely post to the "two"
> lists, because you thought they were different?  If so, that should
> either be clarified on the FreeBSD web pages, or perhaps the ones without
> "freebsd-" in the name should be eliminated?  Or is the posting to both
> list names somehow happening "automatically", and if so by what bad
> software?

freebsd on an e-mail address ending with freebsd.org is like wooden wood
to me.

> I'm not suggesting not to use 'reply all'.  I'm just asking people to take
> an extra 5 seconds to look at the To: list and trim the duplicate
> addresses,
> if they notice them...  :)

This is another problem. I have currently four fields in the address
section. It is an extra effort to scroll the fields. The laziness wins
here to often.

Erich