Laptop dead, suggestions?

Erich Dollansky oceanare at pacific.net.sg
Mon May 15 20:32:30 PDT 2006

Hi,

Gary Corcoran wrote:
> Erich Dollansky wrote:
>
>> What are the tricks I missed?
>

> Why, WHY, oh *WHY*, do people change a post to the 'freebsd-foo' mailing
> list
> into _double_ posts to both 'freebsd-foo at freebsd' and 'foo at freebsd', which

because it is confusing to have two lists for the same thing. I noticed
this when I have had a question for a list I was not on. I did not know
about the alias story until then.

> lists, who should know better, blindly reply-all and keep up the replicated

This could simple be avoided if the list manager would send out a proper
'reply-to' field. So, the direct reply would land always in the list and
not at the writers desk.

Not using 'reply all' confuses new members as they wonder why the list
is not responding.

Erich