Laptop dead, suggestions?

Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Mon May 15 13:14:44 PDT 2006

> Besides, the MacBook Pro is nice - I just don't think it is useful
> without OS X.

Looking at it closely shows that it doesn't fit my needs.  I wouldn't
turn a free one down, but I think that for $2k I can find something
that fits my needs better.

> For a full-featured laptop with serial, parallel, IE1394, USB2,
> PCcard+Express-Card, BT2, IR, IEEE802.11x, GB-ethernet take a look at
> Fujtisu-Siemens' latest lifebook E8120 offerings.
> They're also very durable (although a bit heavy), I've got a E8010 and
> it's a nice workstation.

Funny you should mention that.  The Lifebook has been recommended by a
couple of my friends, so I've been looking at them all morning.  They
look like the best option for me.

Well, I did look at a laptop that had builtin RAID-1 support, but that
might be more agressive than I really need...

Warner