DRI on Radeon 9500 Mobile

Fabian Keil freebsd-listen at fabiankeil.de
Wed May 10 13:38:19 UTC 2006

Norberto Meijome <freebsd at meijome.net> wrote:

> On Wed, 10 May 2006 07:25:28 +0200
> Tobias Roth <roth at iam.unibe.ch> wrote:
>
> > it's supposed to be fixed? cool, I'll try it too then.
>
> i haven't heard this ... i thikn there is a patch floating around, but dont
> know if it has been included in 6.1 . I *thought/hoped* it'd be fixed.

I think at least one of your problems is that radeon and acpi_video
can't be used together on FreeBSD 6.x, unless you use jhb@'s agp patch.

Afterwards you get a vgapci device, which can be used by
both modules, acpi_video and radeon, to attach to:

fk at TP51 ~ $pciconf -lv | grep -A 4 vgapci
vgapci0 at pci1:0:0:       class=0x030000 card=0x05301014 chip=0x4c571002 rev=0x00 hdr=0x00
    vendor   = 'ATI Technologies Inc'
    device   = 'fdds Radeon Mobility M7 LW'
    class    = display
    subclass = VG

fk at TP51 ~ $dmesg | grep -A 3 acpi_video
acpi_video0: <ACPI video extension> on vgapci0
drm0: <ATI Radeon LW RV200 Mobility 7500 M7> on vgapci0
info: [drm] AGP at 0xd0000000 256MB
info: [drm] Initialized radeon 1.19.0 20050911

Gregers Petersen wrote about a month ago that "after some re-compile
business" the patch "makes it possible to resume from suspend".
(This list, Thread: Activating acpi on a thinkpad R51)

However I still have the same resume problem with X loaded,
and Gregers never made it clear if he was talking about his own
experience and what exactly the "re-compile business" was.

I made my last experiments four weeks ago, but I don't
think there were any relevant changes made since then.

You should give that patch a try anyway, I don't think
there's a chance that it will work without it.

Fabian
--
http://www.fabiankeil.de/