Wireless woes

Jeff Rollin jeff.rollin at gmail.com
Tue May 9 16:12:45 UTC 2006

Gregers,

> OK
> Is it possible to use the PC-card slot at all --> eg. is the hardware of
> the
> 'slot' supported by FreeBSD + you might have to edit the .conf file of the
> PC-card slot to make it work properly (default.conf - it's somewhere in
> ../examples - works normally with the most, but sometimes you need to add
> stuff)

Hopefully you meant /etc/defaults/pccard.conf, as I just spent some quality
time vgrepping through that. It seems from that file that all of the DLink
650s listed use the if_wi driver; however "ifconfig wi0 up" gives the same
error (interface does not exist or similar) as before. I think i remember
something about an "iwconfig" command - is that now obsolete?

Jeff.