Wireless woes

Gregers Petersen gp.ioa at cbs.dk
Tue May 9 06:28:34 UTC 2006

Jeff Rollin wrote:

I was the one with the C3 version D-Link card -->

What if you try to run through the whole process again, just to check (+ this is
what I do + please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong in any way):

1. Press the card into the correct 'socket'.
2. (as 'su' run) kldload if_ath
3. (as 'su' run) ifconfig ath0 up
4. (as 'su' run) ifconfig ath0
	- look at the info, and then decide if you need to do further actions, 			such as:
5. connecting to a specific AP (again via ifconfig)
6. getting an IP-adress (via dhclient)

The PC-card should "show up" after you have loaded the kernel module and made
the PC-card "active" with 'up', but if nothing happens then you might have
either hardware problems or 'strangeness'.

As I remember it your using an IBM R51 --> I have the same laptop with the
build-in Intel 2200BG card and it works just fine for daily office use combined
with the iwi-driver (from ports) - so if you have the same build-in card I would
like to ask if your already have this one working (and just need the PC-card for
other stuff, just as I do) ?

Sincerely

--

Gregers Petersen