ndis0 won't set ssid on freeBSD 6.0

Ross Lippert lippert at math.mit.edu
Tue May 9 00:13:08 UTC 2006

>the ssid appears only when your card gets connected or associated to the AP
>you can see the desired ssid with wicontrol ndis0
>Jo=E3o
I am not subscribed, so it took me a while to find this message,
but yes, you are right, I was assuming the ssid would show up when
I tried to set it and wicontrol shows the desired ssid properly.

That said, the card is failing to attach itself to the network.
I am using the same wpa_supplicant files I had used with a previous
card, which worked.  Nothing there is screwy, I think.  I booted into
windows today and tried and yes, it associates.

I have also found another driver update for the f5d8010 online, this
is the one which seems to have worked in windows and I tried
ndisgen-ing off of this driver and firmware.  I get c000138a
unknown error messages with this one.

Really, I'd sure like to know who got this card to work and with
what combo of firmware and driver.  I think my getting it to associate
under windows rules out that the card is not having some incompatability
with the router, and I still haven't ruled out whether or not I am
driving it properly.

Thanks for your time,

-r
--