PackardBell Wifi-Hotkey

Sven Giersig smg at dada.ath.cx
Thu May 4 13:35:52 UTC 2006

Hello List,

I'm a (not-so-proud) user of a Packard Bell R1100 Laptop, which ships
with an ath-card. The driver attaches perfectly, but I have to enable
the antenna with a hotkey. Is there any chance to enable it on *BSD? I
tried some sysctl fiddeling and so on, but the antenna is still dead.

As a workaround I use the asus wl-167g on ural which is mostly stable
(except for bridging / tap0).

Beside that, the PB also has problems with resuming from suspend in
acpi-mode, but that's another thing.

Maybe there are some Packard-Hell users on the list with similar
experience and/or some hints for the hotkeys and acpi?

thanks in advance,
Sven

--
Sven M. Giersig - http://giersig.de.vu
57CE E453 AAE6 29CB E8FB  F7C0 38AF DE50 46F1 836F