Thinkpad Advanced Mini Dock

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Tue Mar 28 05:50:30 UTC 2006

Hi guys,
I have the abovementioned docking station from Lenovo, being used with
a Thinkpad Z60M. The problem is it doesnt behave at all like the
docking stations I have used in the past with Toshiba-brand laptops.

e.g.:
 - Undocking when the laptop is running crashes the system.
 - docking when the laptop is already running doesnt crash, but only
power and ethernet are passed onto the docking - everything else has to
go via the laptop (USB). devd doesnt detect any changes in the hardware.
 - If I power down, dock , power up:
   a) the only devices that work are those from the docking station
(kind of Ok i guess.)
   b) the VGA  output is at a lesser resolution than the LCD (This
could well definitely be an issue with my monitor - just want to
confirm the vga output should be able to push 1280x800
 - If from running on the dock I suspend , It doesn't seem to suspend
properly (  everything goes off as usual, but the suspended light
doesnt come up). and it's impossible to resume (either on or off the
dock).

Am I missing something? are these docking stations for MS-windows only?

running ACPI, acpi_ibm , freebsd 6.1 prerelease.

thanks
Beto