What laptop do you recommend?

freebsd at meijome.net freebsd at meijome.net
Mon Mar 13 13:32:42 UTC 2006

hi everyone,
I'm looking for a new, gruntier laptop. What laptop is known to work
WELL with freeBSD? e.g.:

ACPI with no problems (and as many features as possible)
PATA / SATA with no problems
all other basic stuff (graphics, NIC, Wireless g, sound,
touchpad ,etc ) should work too, of course

Looking into either Intel duo Core or AMD64 chips.

>From what I've read, IBMs seem to have quite good support, so do DELLs
(though they seem chunkier than other laptops). I usually get Toshiba,
but I don't think they are so well supported.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can share :)

Best regards,
Beto