PCMCIA on a Toshiba 430CDT

Mr. M oedipus at gmail.com
Sat Jun 24 09:53:58 UTC 2006

Hello! I've recently acquired an old Toshiba 430CDT laptop (pentium 120,
32mb ram, 1.2gb hdd) with 16-bit pcmcia slots. I've loaded FreeBSD 6.1 on it
and bought a wireless card (Netgear MA301) . However, after putting in the
card, I realized that FreeBSD did not even see the slots (nothing in dmesg).
I've tried googling and searching through the mailing list archives but I
couldn't really find any similar situations. I'd post a dmesg for you guys
but the machine has no network connectivity and says nothing about pcmcia/pc
cards anyways. Please let me know if you have a solution or a tip. I would
love to have a laptop running FreeBSD, now matter how old. Thanks!