Video sleep on dell d600 (6.1-release)

Ulrich Spoerlein uspoerlein at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 19:38:17 UTC 2006

Rich Winkel wrote:
> Sorry I've lost track of the attributions :)
>
> > I think in the OP's case these are the same - I think (and he'll have to
> > clarify) that he just wanted the screen to turn off when he closed the
> > lid, right before it goes to sleep, and have the screen come on when he
> > opens the lid.  Sounds like S1 is working fine for him otherwise (which
> > I do believe to be true for D600's).
>
> Correct, I just want the display to turn off when I close the lid.
> Browsing the web, it appears at least one person has gotten this
> working, but he didn't post the specifics.  I need to hunt up his address.

Well,

here's the solution I'm using:

/boot/loader.conf:
acpi_video_load="YES"

/etc/sysctl.conf:
hw.acpi.lid_switch_state=NONE
hw.acpi.video.lcd0.active=1

/etc/devd.conf:
notify 10 {
        match   "system"          "ACPI";
        match   "subsystem"       "Lid";
        action  "/sbin/sysctl hw.acpi.video.lcd0.active=$notify";
};

hth,
Ulrich Spoerlein
--
 PGP Key ID: 20FEE9DD				Encrypted mail welcome!
Fingerprint: AEC9 AF5E 01AC 4EE1 8F70  6CBD E76E 2227 20FE E9DD