Status of if_iwi driver

Jacek Burszta jacek at jpol.waw.pl
Wed Jun 14 01:59:55 UTC 2006

Michał Jastrzębski wrote:
> What`s the status of if_iwi driver ?
>
> I tested if_iwi in 6.1 & CURRENT and it seems to be broken
> i.e:
>
> After lost connection to AP I receive iwi firmware error  in my logs.
>
> In 6.1 release :
>
> - after kldload iwi sometimes I get beautiful reset  of hardware (laptop
> ARISTO 300s with integrated Intel 2200BG).
>
> - USB is dead after unloading if_iwi . (ie all devices connected stops
> responding).

I have the same problem with my if_iwi.
In FreeBSD CURRENT my wi-fi card connect to my AP and after  about 30
seconds I saw something like that:

dmesg: iwi firmware error

I thought it was a driver error in CURRENT, so I install STABLE version
6.1, Still the same.
After about 300 s I saw the same error in

dmesg: iwi firmware error

How can I resolve this problem ?