HP OmniBook 5500CT and PC Card controller with FreeBSD 6.1?

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Thu Jun 1 21:35:07 PDT 2006

In message: <20060526172545.f1489680.torfinn.ingolfsen at broadpark.no>
            Torfinn Ingolfsen <torfinn.ingolfsen at broadpark.no> writes:
: > This isn't listed in the cbb(4) supported devices.  It looks like it
: > was only supported by OLDCARD and so it doesn't exist in 5.x and
: > later. I'm not sure how feasible it would be to implement support.
:
: I see that the PD6729  is listed in the pcic(4) man page, so I was
: hoping that there were just some tweaking needed.
: One thing I know (from running ¤.x on the machine) is that it needs irq
: 11 for the pc card controller to work.
: Anyway, if anyone is game for it, I will do all the testing required.

The PD6729 is the ISA part on the PCI bus.  It doesn't follow the
Yenta standard at all.  That's why it doesn't work.  If I ever finish
the isa attachment, then there's a good cahnce that it may work
again.  I have a laptop with this part.

Warner