Thanks for your feedback about interrupt handling

Douglas W. Goodall douglas_goodall at mac.com
Thu Jul 27 21:36:46 UTC 2006

John Baldwin,

You are well versed in the interrupt handling code of FreeBSD.

I appreciated your note about where the PIC handling was done and your
thoughts.

Everything you said was right on.

The task of writing code that will work on every clone machine in existence
is extremely difficult and that's why Bill Gates uses everybody to test his
Betas. It is impossible to create a quality assurance lab with every
possible
combination of motherboard, hard drives with roms, and other devices with
roms.

All you can really do is choose some mainstream manufacturers and do your
best,
then make improvements on a per machine basis in accordance with your
priorities
and resources.

Enough has been said by me about this issue and I will return to quietly
watching
the list traffic. I am open to receiving questions from FreeBSD users at my
email address
if I may be of service.

Thanks for everyone's indulgence during my traffic.

With Huge Respect to the FreeBSD users and developers,

Douglas W. Goodall