Notebook recommendations

Christopher Hilton chris at vindaloo.com
Thu Jul 27 17:43:29 UTC 2006

Thanks for the advice. In this case I'm trying to replace my Gateway
450ROG. That had a 1.4 GHz Pentium M and (a 4.5 hour battery life) as
well as an ipw driven 802.11b card. Everything worked pretty well
but I hated the build quality of the machine.

If the new intel wifi chip isn't supported that's not too bad. I
would have bought an atheros based card anyhow because that's the
only thing I can get to work reliably with kismet. I really should
have said that a real serial port is a requirement. I forgot that I
don't want to buy a usb GPS when my Garmin 12XL works just fine.

Thanks again
  -- Chris