PRO/Wireless 3945ABG (Device not configured)

Dead Line dead_line at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 22 09:46:22 UTC 2006

Hello Everyone,

I have integrated 3945abg wireless, on HO laptop and FreeBSD 6.1R

As instructed on
http://damien.bergamini.free.fr/ipw/iwi-freebsd.html
I installed & clean ports/net/iwi-firmware/
then kldload -v if_iwi Successfully.

I could see it in kldstat results (4    1 0xc8dc7000 9000     if_iwi.ko)

But when i do dmesg | grep iwi nothing showsup
no devices in ifconfig -a
only my integrated ethernet card & the firewire fwe0 & fxp0 no iwi

when i pass the dmesg results and come to the third step
iwicontrol -i iwi0 -d /usr/local/libdata/if_iwi -m bss

it says
# iwicontrol -i iwi0 -d /boot/firmware -m bss
iwicontrol: Can't load firmware to driver: Device not configured
#

Any help please?
Marwan