Where is my iwi device after port install

Torfinn Ingolfsen torfinn.ingolfsen at broadpark.no
Fri Jul 21 20:07:24 UTC 2006

On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 15:41:41 +0000
Marwan Sultan <dead_line at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hey guys!
>
> after a long fight to discover how to configure my wireless adapter,
> finally someone kind has diverted me to the page of
> http://damien.bergamini.free.fr/ipw/iwi-freebsd.html

Based on one of your earlier posts, it seems that your laptop has an
Intel 3945abg network chip.  I also see that you are using FreeBSD
6.1-release. Is this correct?

Question: are you sure that the driver at
http://damien.bergamini.free.fr/ipw/ really is complete?
Ie, that is has a driver for the 3945?
>From what I read on that page, the author talks about "the upcoming
*BSD driver for Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG network adapters!"

Does anyboy know if the 3945 driver is in ipw?

FWIW, I have a laptop with the Intel 3945abg wireless, and so far I
have not been able to make it work. I have searched, but have not found
anyone else who has the 3945 working under FreeBSD. :-(
--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen,