External USB Numpad

Maksim Yevmenkin maksim.yevmenkin at savvis.net
Mon Jul 17 19:47:50 UTC 2006

Peter Thoenen wrote:
> Actually I have it nearly working.  It works partially but not as I
> intend.  The problem is it now acts as an extension of my laptop
> keyboard. Meaning when I hit numlock on the external usb numpad the
> numpad on my actual AT laptop keyboard activates.  As you know, most
> laptops have a numpad like function under the 789,uio,jkl rows meaning
> I can't type anymore while using the numberpad in numlock.  This is not
> the behavior I am looking for.  Need full keyboard functionality AND
> numlock external keyboard functionality (which is why I bought it).
> Any ideas how to configure this?

you cant. current kbdmux(4) implementation makes *all* keyboards/keypads
identical.

from kbdmux(4) man page

===

CAVEATS
      The kbdmux keyboard driver switches all slave keyboards into K_RAW
mode.
      Thus all slave keyboards attached to the kbdmux keyboard share the
same
      state.  The kbdmux keyboard is logically equivalent to one
keyboard with
      lots of duplicated keys.

===

thanks,