Acer Aspire AS5672 - network card not properly detected

Torfinn Ingolfsen torfinn.ingolfsen at broadpark.no
Sat Jul 15 22:58:05 UTC 2006

On Sat, 15 Jul 2006 04:10:49 +0200
Torfinn Ingolfsen <torfinn.ingolfsen at broadpark.no> wrote:

> I have just finished installing FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE on it.

Update:
With the use of modern sneakernet (read: a large usb hard drive) I was
able to get an updated /usr/src onto the machine, which now runs
FreeBSD 6.1-stable. New dmesg attached. It still fails to attach the
bge nic, or identify the wlan card / chip.

I also checked the bios. My machine has bios version  1.3230 (date:
05/26/06), which is newer than the one on Acer's site (1.3224).
--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen,