Dell laptops

David Gilbert dgilbert at dclg.ca
Wed Jul 12 18:20:57 UTC 2006

M> Greetings, What are the current problems, if any, on current Dell
M> laptops have with FreeBSD?

I've had a D-800 and I currently have an XPS-170.  Pretty much my only
issue is suspend.

A recent update to the nvidia driver has made the screen switching
stop working ... but I'm using twinview to get around that.  I'm
pretty sure it's not a FreeBSD issue per se --- rather an nvidia
driver one (since the console behaves correctly).

Dave.