External USB Numpad

Peter Thoenen eol1 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 10 06:15:27 UTC 2006

> You have not provided any useful information (FreeBSD version, make
> of the numpad, details of "not workiing"

FreeBSD 6.1. p1 i386
Numpad is a: Amarina, Model: PAVAMA00001B

Not working as in I plug it in, the power light on it doesn't light up
and typing on it doesn't work.

dmesg output is:

uhid0: vendor 0x1241 product 0x1203, rev 2.00/2.30, addr 3, iclass 3/1
uhid1: vendor 0x1241 product 0x1203, rev 2.00/2.30, addr 3, iclass 3/1

{Which I find odd as I am unsure why it shows up twice when I plug it
in once}

Kernel is:

# USB support
device      uhci        # UHCI PCI->USB interface
device      ohci        # OHCI PCI->USB interface
device      ehci        # EHCI PCI->USB Interface
device      usb     # USB Bus (required)
#device     udbp        # USB Double Bulk Pipe devices
device      ugen        # Generic
device      uhid        # "Human Interface Devices"
device      ulpt        # USB Printer
device      umass       # Disks/Mass storage - Requires scbus and da
device      ums     # Mouse
device      ucom        # USB serial support
# USB support for Belkin F5U103 and compatible serial adapters
device          ubsa
# USB support for BWCT console serial adapters
device          ubser
# USB support for serial adapters based on the FT8U100AX and FT8U232AM
device          uftdi
# USB support for Prolific PL-2303 serial adapters
device          uplcom

> man kbdmux

Didn't help, any other idea's?

-Peter