FreeBSD 6.0 on a Compaq Presario V2000 (V2570NR)

Peter Jeremy peterjeremy at optushome.com.au
Sat Jan 28 19:02:57 PST 2006

On Sat, 2006-Jan-28 14:47:12 -0800, Marc Frajola wrote:
>The Presario V2570NR is an AMD Turion 64bit mobile
>1.8GHz processor with 512MB RAM, ATI Radeon Xpress
>200M graphics (which *appears* to borrow 128M from
>system RAM),

It does borrow RAM.  In my case, the aperture is set to 128MB but
the X200M only seems to access 32MB.  I haven't checked to see if
I can reduce the aperture size.

>The second and more formidable hurdle was trying to
>get Xorg to work in the native display resolution of
>1280x768. The problem is apparently that Xorg can
>auto-configure VESA, which winds up choosing 1024x768,
>and the aspect ratio of the display is quite wrong
>since V2000s are widescreen.

The X200M is supported in X.org 6.9.0.  In my case, the
screen size is correctly detected so upgrading may solve
your problems.

--
Peter Jeremy