Instalation problem on ThinkPad X40 without peripherials

Karel Miklav karel at lovetemple.net
Thu Jan 19 17:08:32 PST 2006

Krzysztof Kowalik wrote:
> Did you consider PXE-booting it and then installing from an FTP
> source? That's what I did on my X40 and it worked fine.

I'm giving up. Could you please, please tell me how you did this?
PXE booting works but after that I'm lost. If I do a regular client
installation I can't force sysinstall to write to local disk. If
I mount CD on the server I get past FreeBSD boot menu, devices
are listed, NFS disk is mounted and then the process halts:

Lookup of /dev for devfs, error 2
init:not found in path ...
panic: no init

--